Here are some victories for the animals, thanks to many compassionate people and PetA:
- Retailers are learning that compassion is always in fashion: Armani agreed to stop selling fur, and Dynamite announced that it will no longer sell angora wool.
- A church in Washington canceled an event that was to include a “Chicken Chase” with awards of live baby chicks for participants who caught chickens.
- The city council in Asheville, North Carolina, voted to ban dangerous horse-drawn carriages.
- Officials in Dickson, Tennessee, made the compassionate decision to cancel plans to kill ducks and geese at Luther Lake.
- GEICO promised not to feature chimpanzees or other great apes in its commercials again.
- Dangerous legislation in Colorado that would have secured a “right” for hunters and anglers to kill wild animals was defeated.
- Air Transport Services Group told PETA that it’s ending the transport of monkeys to laboratories.
The more people stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves, the more change away from suppression, torture, killings and ignorance can be seen.
Thank you for spreading the new on animal awareness!
2 thoughts on “Some Good News on Animal Welfare”
I really do think things are changing! Didn’t Asheville also declare a Vegan Week? Thanks for sharing some good news Alexandra ❤️
Thank you, and yes, Asheville, NC did. The first city as far as I know on the east coast. Let’s hope there will be more to follow. 🙂